In 2016 solo traveler Shari Roberts booked her first Layby Holiday to Fiji. She spent her days exploring, drinking Kava with locals and lapping up the luxury treatments at the Day Spa! Here she explains why she loves Fiji and why she loves layby ...
1. Tell us about your recent holiday, where did you go and what did you do?
I went to Fiji
, I stayed at the Pearl Resort Pacific Harbour. I had a beauty day in the Day spa, I took an island boat tour for the day to Yanucka island. It was was like something out of a dream with snorkeling, games and hand crafted shell jewelry made by the local village people.
On my last night my friends invited me to drink Kava in their village. It was amazing to be part of a kava ceremony with the Fijians, they are all so friendly and genuine.
2. What was the highlight of your holiday?
I made friends with some local Fijians who took me night clubbing in Suva. It was an amazing experience. I have stayed in contact with them and have plans to go back in January 2019.
3. Why was this holiday better than what you expected?
It surpassed any expectations and there was absolutely nothing to fault with anything.
4. Why did you choose a layby holiday?
I chose a layby holiday as I am a business owner and it's easier to pre-pay my holidays before I have time off.
5. How often did you travel before layby?
I have travelled to Indonesia, New Zealand and Fiji twice before. I recently booked my second holiday with Layaway. I've surprised my Mum with a trip to Vanuatu
6. What advice would you give people dreaming of a Fijian holiday?
Enjoy every experience.
7. What advice would you give people thinking about a layby holiday?
I would recommend they select the option for spending money.
8. How would you rate your experience with LayAway Travel?
I was incredibly thrilled with everything. I travelled solo for the first time, it gave me peace of mind knowing that everything was planned including the 3 hour airport transfer. I was expecting a shuttle bus but was pleased to discover I had a private driver.