Disneyland is a bucket list holiday for millions of keen fans, but often travellers only consider California. But why trek half way around the world to hug Minnie Mouse when Hong Kong Disney is just one short flight away!
1. It’s Convenient! The Resort has one park and 3 Disney Hotels and an all-day shuttle service.
2. It’s Close! From Melbourne or Sydney, it’s around a 9 hour flight, with the resort located close to Hong Kong Airport.
3. It’s Small! Unlike California, you can easily explore the park in one day, or two if you like a more leisurely pace. Don’t worry you can easily cross check every ride and experience.
4. It’s New and Exciting! In 2017 the highly anticipated Tomorrowland Rollercoaster opened, and now the Sleeping Beauty Castle, the Frozen themed area and Marvel attractions are being magically updated and transformed.
5. Smaller Crowds! Unlike its siblings in Tokyo or Shanghai where the parks are always overcrowded, Hong Kong is not as busy or as stressful.
6. Shorter Queues! Ok so anybody who has been to Disneyland California knows the wait times can be horrendous. But in HK, even on the major attractions, 30 minutes is about the maximum.
7. Your Favourite Rides! Just like California there is the Hyper Space Mountain, but you’ll also find some more unique attractions, try the Toy Soldier Parachute Drop or join Winnie the Pooh on one of his many adventures!
8. Parachuting! Get a birds eye view of Hong Kong Disneyland on the Toy Soldier Parachute, perfect for your little adventurers!
9. Save Money! Cash in on 2 for 1 Meal Vouchers, keep your Instagram Fans up to date using the FREE Wi-fi and pay in HKD (depending on exchange rate) if you can.
10. Dumplings! If you love dumplings, you’re in the right place! Alongside all the delicious Disney donuts and Minnie Mouse Lollipops are the original mouth- watering HK dumplings.
• Avoid major public holidays and school holidays if you can. The best months to travel for both weather and crowds are October through to December.
• Visit the Resort on a weekday, it’s less hectic with fewer visitors.
• Pre-book a fast pass to avoid any queue time.
• Arrive at the Resort before it opens so you are the first in line for the main attractions and rides!
• Layby at least 18 months to 2 years in advance to reduce your weekly instalments.
• Add tickets and spending money to your layby so you can enjoy a stress and debt free holiday!