Just four hours off the East Coast of Australia lies Fiji, an island popular with travellers around the world.
With white sandy beaches, stunning seaside resorts, all-inclusive holidays and floating bars it’s the perfect place to escape a chilly Winter.
Here’s our guide on what to see and do!
1. Jump straight into your holiday with a day trip to Taveuni, snorkel, dive and explore the world-famous Rainbow coral reef. Hit dry land and hike the rainforest trail to the Bouma waterfalls, pack a snorkel to see thousands of prawns in one of the natural springs. Finish the day with a Fiji Bitter beer and fresh seafood. Ask your hotel to organise a boat or plane transfer.
2. The Nadi Zip Line Tour is Fiji’s newest attraction and is perfect for thrill seekers. Soar through the sky, over mountaintops, caves and canyons on 16 giant ziplines covering more than 5km. Enjoy stunning ocean views and finish with an adventure through the limestone caves.
3. Does the idea of a floating bar float your boat? Cloud 9 is like a beach club without the sand, perched over stunning aqua water this two-level bar and pizzeria features a live DJ, day beds, sun decks and an infectious summer vibe. Enjoy a wood fired pizza, a cocktail or two and zone out at this hot spot.
4. Keep the fire burning at a night time Vilavilairevo, which is Fijian for "jumping into the oven," and is the practice of firewalking. Watch as Fijian locals walk and dance gracefully over fire without a single burn, this practise is said to have originated on Bega Island when the spirit god handed out special powers. The traditional ceremony is performed at most of the resorts on the island.
5. The Kula Eco Park, is a wildlife sanctuary which showcases some magnificent wildlife. This includes Fiji’s only native land mammal, the Fijian flying fox; and an aviary full of quarrelsome Kula parrots, Fiji’s national bird and the park’s namesake. The park runs invaluable breeding programs, with success stories for the Pacific black duck (Fiji’s only remaining duck species) and the crested and banded iguana.
6. Get lost on Castaway Island, one of Fiji’s most beautiful destinations and where the famous movie featuring Tom Hanks was also filmed. Catch a high-speed catamaran and get ready to snorkel the beautiful waters and hike through rainforests. If you like, drop the kids off at the kids’ club at the Island’s Resort where they will have just as good a time as you!