Get a taste of Island Life on OAHU, the heart of Hawaii, with pristine beaches, stunning sunsets, shopping and history, it’s no surprise this is one of our most popular layby holidays!
Perfect for adventurers, beachcombers, honeymooners or a family, this island will leave you wanting more!
Explore with our Top 6 Things to Do …
1. Experience the majestical Hawaiian green sea turtles! Book a tour and spend the day snorkelling and swimming on Oahu’s North Shore. Your guide will walk you through cultural and historical facts as you explore the Island!
2. Catch an Oahu wave on your first surfing lesson! White Plains Beach with its warm water, beautiful backdrop and experienced instructors will ensure this is just the beginning of your time on a board!
3. Love a bit of local culture and history? Take a trip off the beaten track to the Ancient Valley of the Temples, or hike to the picturesque Makapuu Lighthouse. If you like a challenge hike the Diamond Head Trail to a 300, 000 year old crater and experience panoramic views from the top.
For history buffs, a visit to Pearl Harbour is essential. Take a boat from the Tourist Centre to view the sunken battleship, USS Arizona, an outing the whole family will enjoy.
4. Foodies must head to The Street, a bustling boutique food hall where you can choose from 13 different types of cuisine! Try a Maui Onion Burger on a Hawaiian sweet potato roll. Finish with a cocktail at the Myna Bird Tiki Bar.
5. Can’t holiday without a shop? The Ala Moana Center will satisfy your shopping cravings. Hawaii’s largest shopping mall, it’s just minutes from Waikiki beach and wait for it …. has 290 shops to browse!
6. Fancy 1, 2 or 3 sunset cocktails? Sip on a Tiki at the famous Royal Hawaiian Hotel, an institution on the island. Frequented by celebrities and movie stars, book a prime spot for people watching, finishing with a stunning Oahu sunset!