There’s more than one reason why Hawaii continues to rank as one of the top 5 summer hot spots in the world! Since the Island welcomed its first tourists in the 1950s until now, Hawaii never disappoints. The climate year round is predictably warm, the people friendly, the service excellent and the choice of beaches satisfies families, honeymooners and surfers!
Belinda Pignone, LayAway Explorer aka Travel Agent counts this tropical getaway as a family favourite. After spending Christmas 2018 sipping cocktails at Waikiki, Belinda shares her top 7 things to do!
1. Visit Waikiki’s largest fresh produce market, KCC Farmer’s Market, held every Saturday. Go early to avoid crowds and enjoy breakfast!
2. Travel mid to late December when shops offer huge pre- Christmas savings!
3. Grab fresh Malasadas (Portuguese doughnuts) from the evening markets at Kings Village, 1 block from the beach. Mon, Wed, Fri, Sat.
4. Get a selfie with Hawaiian Santa at International Market Place.
5. Hire a convertible Mustang and cruise the North Shore, visit a Pineapple Plantation & find food trucks serving fish tacos, and garlic shrimp.
6. Head to Hanauma Bay for the most scenic snorkelling close to Waikiki.
7. Devour a slice of original Hula Pie at Duke’s, located on Waikiki’s beachfront.