LOS ANGELES is a city you should layby and cross off your bucketlist!
Soak up the magic of LA LA LAND where showbiz, shopping, culture, nightlife and entertainment collide.
Great for a family trip or a holiday with friends, LA shouldn’t be treated as just a stop over!
2. Venice Beach is edgy, fun and a colourful part of LA, and a great place to people watch. It has a very low key Los Angeles vibe, walk the famous boardwalk and head to Abbot Kinney Blvd for a spot of shopping. From street entertainers to skate parks, Venice Beach has it all going on!
3. For a super fun and exciting day trip head to Disneyland, Anaheim. Perfect for families or big kids this is one theme park you don’t want to miss! Anaheim is situated about 40 minutes from LA and if you pre-book your park tickets and get an early start it’s definitely an achievable day trip. Most hotels in LA will offer a shuttle service to Disneyland or you can drive or take public transport. Ride high on rollercoasters and spend a day in this magical land!
4. Enjoy stunning views of Los Angeles and space when you pay a visit to Griffith Observatory. Stare into the cosmos through a giant telescope, explore exhibits and head to Griffith Park for one of the best views of the city and the Hollywood Sign. Check their website for upcoming exhibits.
5. The Grand Central Market established in 1917 is definitely an historical landmark you don’t want to miss if you want to feed your stomach, shop and immerse yourself in LA culture. There are some interesting shops and plenty of diverse cuisine to choose from. It’s best to pre-book a ticket to this market, located on Broadway.
6. Of course you will want to head to The Chinese Theatre and walk in the footsteps of the world’s top movie stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Find the famous hand and footprints of your favourite movie stars and pay a visit to the Hollywood Museum while you're there.
7. If you feel like a quiet day exploring museums and galleries, LA has plenty to offer. You can see Van Gogh’s famous Irises at The Getty Center in Brentwood, there’s a restaurant, cafes and beautiful views of downtown LA and out to sea. There are free daily tours to guide you through the gallery.
8. A visit to LA wouldn’t be complete if you didn’t drop in to Universal Studios for a tour, it is after all the entertainment capital of the world. Narrated by Jimmy Fallon explore the backlot of Universal and experience the magic of King Kong in 360 3D, the world’s largest 3D experience.
9. For the active holiday makers Runyon Canyon Park is the perfect place to hike and sight see. It’s one of the most popular hiking trails in LA and is located just two blocks from Hollywood Blvd. Make you’re selfie mode is in full gear as you may spot a celebrity or two on this scenic walk.
The best times to visit LA are between March and May in Spring or if you prefer to travel when it’s a little cooler, September through to November.