3. If it’s nightlife you’re after you won’t be disappointed by Bangla Road.Located in Patong you’ll find nightclubs, bars and shows pumping with Thai energy you’ll find hard to resist. Cheap beers and street vendors will keep your taste buds satisfied while you party!
4. If you want some time out and need to connect with your spiritual side visit the giant Buddha on top of Nakkerd Hills. You will feel humbled by this 45 metre tall site, which cost 30 million baht to build, that’s more than $1 million aussie, a lot of money for Thailand. Enjoy 360 degree views of the island and Phuket Town while you’re there.
5. Phi Phi Island is a must do while you’re in Phuket. Famous for its role in The Beach millions of visitors head to Thailand just to see this beautiful island. Choose your boat tour carefully to make the most of this attraction and if you decide to spend more than a day on Phi Phi explore the beaches, bars and restaurants.
6. Thailand is one of the best places if you’re into culture and cabarets! Simon Cabaret is the most popular and biggest cabaret show in Phuket, featuring a world famous cast of transvestites! You’ll love the music, make up and the costumes!
7. Phuket is home to some of the most beautiful traditional temples in Thailand. They offer daily sanctuary to the Thai people and it’s easy to see why. Ornately decorated the pagoda rooftops are finished with tiny glittering pieces of glass. Wat Chalong is one of the most popular with locals and tourists heading there to catch the sunsets.
8. Food, food, food! Traditional Thai dishes are some of the tastiest in the world if you fancy spicy, fresh, Asian food. 20km North East of Phuket you’ll find Breeze Restaurant, savour the noodles while you lounge in their blue beanbags overlooking the pool, wash down with some delicious tropical cocktails! Best time to go is Sunday Brunch. Ask your hotel to book for you.
9. For an evening of cocktails and glamour try Catch, a stunning Beach Club overlooking the sea at Surin. As well as traditional Thai food they serve pizzas, burgers and salads.