Located in the heart of the Great Barrier Reef, Daydream Island is the perfect place to stay while you explore the stunning Whitsunday Islands and the World-famous reef.
Daydream is one of the few inhabited islands in the area, with three beautiful beaches and its own tropical jungle, home to parrots and tiny sunbirds, it’s the perfect getaway for families and couples.
With a $100 million makeover, including 3 restaurants and 5 bars and an adult only pool you may never want to leave, however if you want to explore life off the island options are endless and all located within 12 kilometres.
1. Dip your toes in at Daydream Island’s amazing living reef, holds 1.5 million litres of water and is home to over 100 species of marine fish and coral. A microcosm of the Great Barrier Reef you can hand feed resident stingrays, sharks and barramundi.
2. Explore Fitzroy Island on a SEABOB jet, with an instructor to guide you visit Cairns’ newest underwater attraction and access to remote island coral reef. Snorkel and experience one of the world’s living treasures.
3. One of the best ways to see The Great Barrier is in the air. Book a scenic flight by seaplane to take you to a private picnic at Whitehaven Beach. With an ocean glass bottom boat, you’ll moor over a suspended lagoon and be given your own private snorkelling tour.
4. Keep your feet above ground on a Segway, ride through the spectacular Conway National Park rainforest, along the Whitsunday Great Walk. Surrounded by lush rainforest and flowing streams, with a guide to highlight the local flora and fauna and points of interest during the 9km round journey.
5. Prepare for a soaking as you speed along Airlie beach on a 380hp jet boat. Spitting out a whopping 600L/s "Cheeky Bee" will get the adrenaline racing. Hoon past water, multi-million-dollar mansions, native wild life & a ship wreck! Be prepared to meet Turtles, Dugong's and Rays.
Layby your Daydream Island holiday and add spending money for any of the above adventures! Just ask one of our travel consultants!