Disneyland is a dream for millions of families, a layby holiday where you can create memories to last a lifetime.
If you’ve been lucky enough to have been before you’ll know what to expect, but Disneyland constantly recreates its magic so by 2020 the theme parks will offer so much more!
Here’s what to expect …
1. In June 2018 Paradise Pier will become Pixar Pier! While most of the rides won’t change many will have new fantastic themes. California Screamin’ Rollercoaster turns into the Incredicoaster. Hold on as you race to catch baby Jack-Jack. Toy Story will have its own themed neighbourhood, how cool is that!
2. Do you drool over Disney’s giant donuts and chowder bowls? Bypass the huge queues with a new food app and your tasty treats will be waiting for you!
3. Downtown Disney will feature a bowling alley, new shops, restaurants and a multi-sensory Star Wars experience.
4. In May 2020 the planets will align for the highly anticipated Star Wars Land, a brand new planet! The 14 acre land will be similar to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal. Expect to be completely immersed in a fictional world.
Orlando, Walt Disney World
1. Hollywood Studios in Florida are experiencing a similarly impressive makeover. When it re-opens you’ll be able ride with Andy from Toy Story on his latest adventures.
2. Woody’s Lunch Box will serve traditional American meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner! Try an old-fashioned soda float and other Toy Story themed treats.
3. Discover Pandora The World of Avatar, a new land where you’ll fly on the back of a mountain banshee, hike through flowing rainforests and floating mountains.
Hong Kong, Disneyland
1. Sleeping Beauty might be lacking beauty sleep at the moment as her castle is being magically transformed as part of a $1.4 Billion dollar make over.
2. Jungle Junction, a brand-new performance venue opens in May 2018 and features a beautiful new Moana themed show.
3. For Frozen fans a magical new family coaster is being added along with new rides based on Marvel Superheroes!