Packing is my worst nightmare, however after many years of practise I think I may have finally mastered the art. I’ve since been told planning every outfit is actually a sign of maturity, not obsessive-compulsive disorder.
So, let’s get started on a positive note, AVOID packing the night before and DO NOT throw in outfits you haven’t worn in 15 years, or sample beauty products sitting in your bathroom cupboards. It’s never a good idea to travel with bedroom clutter, especially if you plan to hit the shops!
Here’s my Top 10 Summer holiday essentials!
1. DO NOT travel without a mini medical kit! Include mosquito repellent, gastro remedies, a generic antibiotic, Stingose and any prescription meds you need.
2. A good waterproof SPF for your face and body. I like to carry a mini version in my handbag so I can top up anywhere. Suffering from sunburn can ruin a beach holiday for everyone!
3. Wide brimmed hats for the beach, buy one you can fold without being ruined.
4. Sunglasses you don’t mind losing! Le Specs has a great range of cool sunnies that won’t set you back hundreds of dollars.
5. A fold-away bag you can use as a beach bag and then at the end of your trip you can fill with your newly acquired purchases. Airports always have a great range of these bags.
6. Invest in a kindle, books weigh a lot and take up space. If you plan on lounging around you might be surprised how many books you get through!
7. A good leave in conditioner will get you from the beach to sunset cocktails! Beach hair looks great until it starts to snap at your shoulders.
8. One sarong or cover up, a great pair of swimmers which double as a top, 1 pair of flat sandals you love and a beautiful pair of statement earrings, I travelled with the Boho Luxe from Swiish by Sally O!
9. One mother charger for all devices, check before travelling what type you need!
10. For the latest tips and advice download Google Trips, it collates smart info on where you’re going and sites to visit.